The next day came and it was time to put the big girl panties on. Make some calls, some quick decisions and move on. I already knew Chelsea was amazing but she stepped up and launched the first zoom live workout to LMF, and crushed it!
The next day the cancellation emails started to roll in. I knew why. I completely understood and had opened that door. It was still hard. My chest felt like it had an elephant sitting on it, what if everyone cancels? And then the next email I opened was from a client who had just renewed her personal training package and she donated it to LMF to help us through, then others started to message that they could afford their membership and to keep it at full price (I was even threatened by one that if I didn’t comply it was “friends off”), I had a few others that offered to pay for other people’s memberships, the ones that were doing everything they could to still keep LMF in their life and who really needed a gift in that moment to keep them going. The messages attached to these generous offerings helped me change the dialog in my head back to “I do have a purpose and LMF is damn important.” My heart burst.
The mood had shifted, we were not going to be a victim of circumstance. LMF’s purpose isn’t to change the world it’s to help people change their own world’s. So, how do we do this now?
How can we create normal in this chaos?
How can we remain essential to those who know what we have to offer?
What can we do to be better going forward?
The last question that came up was a question I haven’t asked myself in a really long time, what do I want? I knew what I didn’t want. To never go back to how I felt pre COVID, but it was going to take some deep thinking and time (more than my usual 5 minutes) to figure this one out!
The wins, the losses, the lesson and the gains are one in the same, post COVID here’s what I’ve learned…
- We can survive and grow in a pandemic, by taking care of the people close to us.
- We can make do and by doing so we created something new.
- We can slow down, everything will be OK (maybe even better) and take time to make big decisions (at least sleep on it and run the numbers first)
- We can create normalcy amongst the chaos if our minds are in the right place.
- We can still be people’s safe space without the studio.
- We can ask questions, lots n lots of questions (some of the answers and opportunities will blow you away when you listen)
- We can ask for help and offer help when it is needed. It’s OK to be vulnerable and not OK some days.
- When you are afraid and scared, remember to be kind and considerate. Everyone is in this sh*t together and fighting their own battle. Step up and offer a hand.
- We are not in competition, business owners supporting business owners can make some waves.
- We have a voice and it is heard.
- There are amazing people in this world – I call them Misfits!
- We can make it to the other side.
- We are capable of greatness.
We are forever learners, out of the box thinkers, supporters, dreamers and doers. We are Misfits!