There's something about Christmas like none other when it comes to food...and let's not forget about the Christmas cheer. If your family is like mine, it's not just one day; there's Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day...and those left overs can't go to waste!
So how the hell do we stay on track?!
- Plan your treats!! If you know that Aunt Sally makes the best dessert ever!! Hold out for the good stuff, don’t waste it on mediocre.
- Give yourself a day – you worked really hard to get this far, one day won’t ruin it. If you have a whole day of festivities, don’t worry about counting calories or hitting your macros, let your hair down and relax. You have tomorrow to get right back at it!
- Enjoy it! No guilt should be associated with your treat. Remember that old saying “everything in moderation”, this is your moderation! Savour it.
- Remember what Christmas is all about, it’s about love and spending time with family. And if that means needing a drink or two to get through it, then mix it with water or coffee (in our house coffee and baileys is completely acceptable to drink at any time of the day)
- You don’t need any leftovers – this is a hard conversation to have with all the Moms, Grandmas and Aunties. We are not starving ourselves, we love their cooking but for the love of Pete, these are brand new pants, it took me 100 days to fit into them and I want to fit into them next week!
Christmas is a stressful time. Don’t worry about being perfect on the plan. You will always hear Chelsea and I say “perfect is boring”. Sometimes we need a little mess in our lives to appreciate the clean.